After months of preparation and anticipation, another successful ITS World Congress came and went. It was a busy 5-day event at the L.A. Convention Center with over 6,000 industry professionals from 64 countries and more than 180 educational sessions and panels of which eight speakers or panelists were from Iteris.
There was an excitement in the air as ITS World Congress felt familiar and seemed to resurface memories of conferences before stricter COVID-19 restrictions.
Show attendees had the opportunity to hear opening remarks from Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, as well as from prominent ITS leaders in the United States, Asia Pacific and Europe. Many educational sessions, product demonstrations and, of course, booth-sponsored happy hours (which are always popular) could be found all throughout the exhibitor hall!
Photo: Iteris proudly displays new trade show booth
Iteris at World Congress
Iteris prominently displayed a new booth and held a series of popular in-booth presentations on various solutions, including Iteris’ V2X Connect for connected vehicle applications, system management using ClearGuide and ClearAsset, work zone safety with ClearGuide, Vantage Apex high-definition detection with AI algorithms and red-light running solutions using red extend and Vantage Vector.
All presentations are available by request. Contact us if you would like to request a presentation.
Photo: Tiffany Symes, Senior Director, Product Management, presenting Safer Streets and Work Zones with Innovative Speeding Analytics with Iteris' ClearGuide.
As mentioned earlier, we had a several subject matter experts from our team participate in several sessions and panel discussions, including:
- Improving Transportation Operations II (Kyle Tackett, Sr. Technical Manager, Iteris)
- Evaluating Technology Solutions (Mosammat Tahnin Tariq, Traffic Operations Engineer, Iteris)
- Digital Twins: Intelligent Transportation Systems at the Core of Use Cases for Infrastructure (Ram Kandarpa, VP, Iteris)
- Can Technology Save Money and Lives? (Masoud Hamedi, Director of Data Science, Iteris)
- California – Leading the Way in CAV Advancements (Frank Provenzano, Sr. Director of Connected Vehicle Solutions, Iteris)
- Emerging Technologies, Digital Infrastructure and Evolving Data Sources: Driving Towards Vision Zero (Anita Vandervalk, VP, Iteris)
- Regulations, Policy and Benefits of CAV (Tom Lusco, Principal Systems Engineer, Iteris)
- Test Results from Next Generation Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) Communications Technology (Tom Lusco, Principal Systems Engineer, Iteris)
- Sustainability and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) – Practical Examples of How Technology is Making a Difference (Scott Carlson, VP and GM, and Anita Vandervalk, VP, Iteris)
If you are interested in learning more about any of the above presentations, please contact us for more information.
Iteris’ Anita Vandervalk, PE, PMP joined a panel of other global leaders for the Gender Equity in Transport Workshop forum to discuss strategies to overcome gender mobility barriers.
Photo: Anita Vandervalk, PE, PMP, Vice President, joins a global panel of leaders as part of MobilityXX
ITS World Congress 2022 was a great opportunity to see our customers, partners and colleagues, as well as meet members of the international ITS community. The event was filled with thoughtful and meaningful discussions among industry professionals – many of whom we call friends.
If you were unable to attend or missed the ITS World Congress opening ceremony and the plenaries, you can hear them on-demand using this link: On-Demand Content (itsamericaevents.com)
Photo: Dr. Masoud Hamedi, Director of Data Science, poses with the event's giant hashtag
About ITS America and ITS World Congress
ITS America is the nation’s leading advocate for integrating technology into our transportation system by advancing the research, development, and deployment of intelligent transportation. ITS World Congress is an annual conference and trade show to promote ITS technologies. Ertico (ITS Europe), ITS America, ITS Asia and ITS Japan are its sponsors and the event takes place in a different region (Europe, Americas, or Asia-Pacific) every year.
About the Author:
Ginny Acosta is marketing events manager at Iteris.
Connect with Ginny on LinkedIn.