Iteris is proud to introduce a new educational course that will help traffic engineers, public works directors and students better understand the data and strategies behind automated traffic signal performance measures, better known as ATSPM.
The course is a series of six brief modules built to give transportation professionals and city managers alike a quick overview of the terminology and data that powers tools such as ATSPMs.
The course, which is presented by Tiffany Symes, director of product, Transportation Systems at Iteris, will also demonstrate how a city can use this data to make data-driven decisions to optimize signal performance.
In this course you will learn about:
- How to use termination types for optimization
- Benefits and challenges of signal coordination
- How to identify when you have faulty equipment
- Identifying when transitions are impacting the performance of your intersection
- How to use ATSPMs to identify safety issues such as red-light running
- Making data analysis a part of your routine
The Introduction to Intersection Intelligence course include six modules, totaling about 35 minutes of video. The course highlights the data terminology and strategies behind ATSPM, as well as demonstrates how to put these data and insights into action, leveraging tools to understand how efficiently your signals are performing.