At Iteris, we proudly provide the transportation industry with some of the most advanced, high-performance traffic detection sensors. And while performance is always crucial, we also understand the importance of making product setup a user-friendly, hassle-free experience for our customers.
In the past, our dedication to making our products easy to use has led us to release a long list of product features, such as:
- Mouse and monitor setup – eliminating the need for expensive laptops or PDA devices
- Automatic pedestrian tracking and counting through our PedTrax algorithm
- Automatic turning movement counts
- Automatic video zone creation and alignment
- Interactive on-screen display
- Single cable installation
- Integration of multiple sensors into a single housing (Vantage Vector sensor only)
In keeping with this tradition, we are happy to announce new features and enhancements to our Apex Setup Tool (AST), Next Setup Tool (NST) and Radius Setup Tool (RST-2) software to make sensor installation, configuration and verification of our Vantage line of detection products as easy as possible.
Some of these features include:
- Automatic radar zone sizing for highway applications – ensure accurate detection (Fig. 1)
- Automatic radar zone positioning – no need to guess distances (Fig. 1)
- 64-bit VLC player compatibility – the latest technology for better support
- Audible tone on zone activation – easily confirm zones are detecting in the field*
- Copy configurations – save time and improve processes
- … and more!
* Does not apply to embedded setup tool versions
Figure 1 - Automatic radar zone sizing and positioning. Use icons to select between intersection and highway zone types easily and use arrows to determine auto zone position.
We are confident that these enhancements will provide customers with a better overall experience and greatly help signal maintenance teams set up and operate Iteris detection systems quicker and more confidently.
Download the latest versions of our Apex Setup Tool, Next Setup Tool and Radius Setup Tool on the Iteris Resource Center.
About the Author:
Mike Plata is senior manager, field marketing at Iteris.