Celebrating BlueARGUS: A Decade of Innovation
Over a decade ago, BlueARGUS® emerged as a trailblazer in travel-time analytics from our BlueTOAD® roadside units (RSUs), providing real-time and historical traffic data that revolutionized how we approached traffic flow. Its innovative nature not only set new standards in the industry but also paved the way for future advancements.
But as transportation technology has evolved, so must our solutions to our customers, which is why we will be bidding farewell to BlueARGUS on April 1, 2024.
The decision to sunset BlueARGUS was fueled by a commitment to stay ahead and provide customers with a more powerful, scalable platform with new features while providing a modern and improved user experience.
Introducing VantageARGUS CV
As one chapter closes, another opens with the introduction of VantageARGUS CV™. This new platform isn’t just a replacement; it’s a significant leap forward for agencies eager to harness the full potential of connected vehicle (CV) applications and travel-time data.
Figure 1 – Intuitive, user-friendly interface that allows users to quickly and easily see travel time, speeds and more.
Our customers have made great suggestions – and we listened! VantageARGUS CV brings an array of exciting new and enhanced features, including:
- Foundation for CV applications: Visualize a full suite of V2X message streams (e.g., SPaT, MAP, BSM, SRM, SSM), and gain a holistic view of movement patterns with automated V2X message location reporting.
- Unified view of travel time and CV data: Empowers agencies to create more informed traffic solutions for smarter, safer cities.
- Enhanced travel time and RSU monitoring: Faster, more intuitive decision-making with all necessary data at your fingertips.
- New intuitive navigation with map-centric UI: An interface designed for traffic professionals, leading to time savings and improved project outcomes.
- Enhanced statewide and neighboring city data sharing: Simplified coordination among different agencies, leading to holistic traffic management solutions.
- Enhanced map selection for devices and road segments: Accelerated operational efficiency, giving agencies more time to focus on the things that matter.
- Improved reporting and analytics: Quickly and easily create advanced reports such as pair/route, travel-time reliability and origin-destination (OD) studies.
Figure 2 - New 3D Origin-Destination (OD) reporting in VantageARGUS CV.
Transitioning from BlueARGUS to VantageARGUS CV
BlueARGUS software will be replaced by VantageARGUS CV and will be permanently unavailable after April 1st. All BlueARGUS users will be required to transition to the new platform on or before that date.
We understand that change can be daunting, which is why we’re committed to making this transition as smooth and seamless as possible before the date above.
BlueARGUS customers: Transitioning to the new platform is part of your existing annual service contract. No additional cost or software to upload or manage; simply create a new username/password and account profile to begin using VantageARGUS CV today.
Please contact us using one of the options below to begin your transition process. Our team is here to guide you every step of the way.
- Online Form: Submit your contact information here
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customer Success Team Phone Number: (714) 659-6227
Request a Demo
If you are not a BlueARGUS user, we invite you to reach out and learn more about what BlueTOAD and VantageARGUS CV can offer. Contact us to speak with a solutions expert today!
About the Author:
Mike Plata is marketing director at Iteris.