Iteris unveils "the only sensor you will ever need" with new and enhanced all-in-one detection solution.
Last September, Iteris announced the integration of its all-in-one hybrid radar and video detection sensor, Vantage Vector®, with its Vantage Next® video detection platform. This cross-compatibility enables the Vantage Vector to provide performance, features and intelligence that no other sensor or combination of sensors can offer.
Today, Iteris is excited to announce the next evolutionary leap in stop bar and advance detection solutions with a series of enhancements to the Vantage Next platform and powerful new features for Vantage Vector when paired with Vantage Next.
These new features will enable a variety of major benefits to transportation agencies and the travelling public, including:
- Ability to provide all required data to virtually any adaptive traffic control system;
- Dilemma zone monitoring for safety applications and crash reduction;
- Crucial data elements for the maximum benefit of Signal Performance Measures (SPM) systems.
New features and enhancements include:
- Lane-by-lane detection – improved performance and logic with lane-by-lane advance zone detection and phase input control for greater data sets, and advanced safety and adaptive traffic control applications;
- Lane-by-lane counts – richer traffic flow data with vehicle counts per lane rather than total count per direction;
- “AND” logic – video and radar information may be fused together using “AND” logic to provide additional data sets, queue detection, and other advanced safety and adaptive applications;
- Visual enhancements – color-coded detection zones that show active phase during detection and lane-by-lane advance detections displayed in video stream;
- Improved pedestrian and vehicle counting – industry-leading detection and counting accuracy with latest algorithms;
- Automatic turning movement counts – automatically detect and count vehicles in traffic lanes at the stop bar;
- Shelf-mount option – central control unit (CCU) now available as an optimized, space-saving shelf-mount option – ideal for NEMA cabinets.
The Next Generation of Video Detection Processing
Vantage Next’s latest enhancements make it a powerful, feature-rich processing platform that is unmatched in delivering high-accuracy detection, superior reliability and scalability to support expanding intelligent transportation systems (ITS) applications.
The platform provides full-motion streaming video, onboard Ethernet communications and automatic multimodal traffic data collection, including turning movement counts, number of vehicles, speed, and distance, as well as pedestrian and bicycle detection, differentiation and volume.
Vantage Next utilizes a single CAT5e camera cable connection for easy, low-cost installation without the need for pavement cutting or pulling extra cables and provides simple setup with a user-friendly software interface.
The Only Detection Sensor You Will Ever Need
Vantage Vector combined with Vantage Next is a one-of-a-kind detection solution that provides both state-of-the-art video and advance radar detection in a single sensor for maximum intersection performance and safety.
Vantage Vector combines video detection at the stop bar with forward-fire radar (up to 500 feet) to accurately detect the speed and precise location of approaching vehicles for dilemma zone crash reduction applications.
Vantage Next with Vantage Vector is the optimal detection system for ITS applications, Signal Performance Measures (SPM) software and adaptive traffic control systems, including SCOOT, Synchro and ACSLite. It is also fully compatible with many traffic measurement applications, including Iteris SPM and VantageLive!.
Together, the Vantage Next with Vantage Vector system represent the industry’s most advanced, all-in-one detection solution available on the market today.
About the Author:
Mike Plata is senior marketing manager, Roadway Sensors at Iteris.