“Necessity is the mother of invention,” as the saying goes. In the age of COVID-19, the inability to travel forced us to rethink how we could continue to provide world-class training – something that both customers and partners had grown to expect from Iteris.
As such, Iteris is proud to announce the launch of a new virtual training center and remote training program that will serve to meet the training needs of anyone using Iteris’ advanced detection sensor technology.
Virtual Training Center
You can access the new Training Center within Iteris’ online Resource Center by clicking here. Inside you will find:
- New training courses – earn International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) continuing education credits (CECs) while learning about the setup, installation and calibration of Iteris’ Vantage Next®, Vantage Vector®, Vantage Edge®2 and VantageRadius® detection sensor systems.
- Iteris certification tests – become a certified Iteris detection sensor user with Iteris certification tests for the Vantage Next, Vantage Vector, Vantage Edge2 and VantageRadius advanced detection systems.
- Training forms – access forms to request Iteris certification training, customer training and remote training evaluation.
- Remote training package – access supporting documents for Iteris’ remote training program, which features training courses on the Vantage Next, Vantage Edge2, Vantage Vector, SmartSpan® and VersiCam™ smart detection products.
- Training tutorials / video tutorials – access guided tutorials and video walkthroughs, including system optimization, best practices and installation instructions for Iteris’ comprehensive suite of video, radar and hybrid detection sensor solutions.
Remote Training Program
Over the summer, our Roadway Sensors team cut the ribbon on its new Remote Training Studio – a fully interactive training studio that is capable of accommodating up to eight students remotely for virtual hands-on training.
To join Iteris’ remote training program, simply visit Iteris’ Training Center, check the Training Forms filter in the sidebar and select the appropriate form.
The remote training studio houses eight complete stations containing Vantage Next, VantageRadius and Vantage Edge2 systems that have been fully assembled and installed, along with multiple monitors and cameras to capture every angle.
The result has been an overwhelming positive response from partners and customers describing the training as an “if-we-were-there-in-person” experience.
Iteris is now capable of offering training five days a week for as many hours in a day that can be accommodated. We can even handle training that is initiated out-of-state and don’t require instructors to be physically located at our Santa Ana office.
The result is more flexibility and no more lugging around heavy crates of equipment. All you need is a good internet connection and you’re ready to begin.
Remote training sessions, as well as our online training courses located on the Training Center, are eligible for CECs through IMSA.
We are excited about our new capabilities through the remote training studio and look forward to training our partners and customers.
Please contact email@example.com for more information or to schedule your next training session.
About the Author:
Mark Nogaki is vice president, sales and customer success, Roadway Sensors at Iteris.
Connect with Mark on LinkedIn.