Video Detection Product OverviewIteris applies video detection to a broad range of traffic management applications, including both intersection control and highway management systems. Our advanced image processing technology is used in our Vantage® product line to detect vehicle presence, count, speed, occupancy and other traffic data used in traffic management systems. This gives traffic managers a powerful toolkit for mitigating roadway congestion by modifying traffic signal timing or detecting incidents quickly.
Vantage video detection cameras are multi-functional, flexible and reliable. They have been deployed by hundreds of agencies in North America, and in Asia, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. The product is currently sold through a network of over 20 independent dealers in North America, Asia, Europe, and South America.
Benefits of Video Detection vs. In-Pavement Loops
- Video detection is very flexible in detection zone placement, not fixed like embedded inductive loops
- Inductive loop reliability relies heavily on roadway surface conditions. Surface conditions are impacted by heavy trucks, extreme temperature extremes and surface maintenance
- Video detection is not impacted by roadway resurfacing
- Video detection is cost-effective with initial costs comparable to inductive loops and an overall superior lifecycle costs
- Video detection provides additional benefits to the traffic manager.... the video image for surveillance, incident verification and security.
Download our Roadway Sensors brochure