Engineering & ITS
A well-planned, efficient transportation infrastructure is vital for a healthy economy and a high quality of life. Iteris is at the forefront of engineering surface transportation projects designed to meet today's needs while preparing for tomorrow's growth. Services in this category span the entire project life cycle from Planning to Engineering, to Integration through ongoing Operations & Maintenance. Through our hands-on experience deploying over 150,000 ITS field devices across the country, we have gathered numerous lessons learned that are fed into our engineering design practice. As a result, our design is more precise and includes details to the construction contractor that help avoid schedule delays and cost overruns. A similar feedback loop exists between Engineering and Planning activities in that our detailed design experience allows our long-range planning activities to more accurately reflect what is constructible.
Combining the talents of transportation planners and engineers, systems engineers, system integrators, software engineers and staff members with strong construction/field experience, Iteris brings a unique and unmatched set of skills to every project.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) embrace complex multimodal surface transportation improvement solutions at a regional level, sub-regional level, corridor basis, and small area level. ITS employ various communications networks and technologies that are networked together to exchange information; support coordinated cross-modal applications; and enhance interagency coordination. Careful planning, design, and deployment of such systems requires a comprehensive understanding of local and regional ITS components, their interaction and their operation.
Iteris' multi-disciplinary team has the expertise to take projects from their initial ITS planning stage to assisting agencies in developing a strategic plans all the way to design, deployment, integration, and operation of multi-modal ITS systems.
- ITS master planning & system engineering
- ITS Architecture (national and regional) development
- Integrated Corridor Management (ICM) planning and design
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) design
- Transit Signal Priority (TSP) design and deployment
- High speed rail planning and design
- Traffic engineering
- Traffic signal and lighting design
- Signal synchronization and operations
- Signal system selection and deployment
- Traffic adaptive deployment
- ITS design
- Commercial Vehicle Operation (CVO)
- Work zone traffic management & MOT
- Connected Vehicle Reference Implementation Architecture (CVRIA)