Pedestrian & Cyclist
All the power of Vantage video detection for bicycle differentiation
Superior performance in a demanding situation
Cyclists are becoming more prevalent across the country and extra phase time is needed to allow them to safely cross the intersection. When no bicyclists are present the additional cycle time is wasted reducing efficiency of the traffic network. Reclaiming this unused time can greatly improve traffic flow while still ensuring the safety of the cycling public.
No need for additional equipment
The SmartCycle® solution requires no additional detection systems or manual call buttons placed at the signal. SmartCycle combines video vehicle detection and bicycle differentiation in one. Multiple outputs allow precision cycle timing depending on whether a bicycle is present or not.
Simple to install and set up
SmartCycle patented technology is embedded in all new Vantage® video detection systems and is a simple upgrade to existing systems in the field. Additional zones can then be drawn to separate bicycle detections from vehicle detections. Existing Vantage users as well as those new to the technology will be up and running quickly.
- Reliable performance in a demanding situation
- Detects and differentiates in unique situations: bike boxes, lane splitting, other innovative configurations
- Allow time for cyclists to safely cross the intersection
- Reclaim unused cycle time when no bicycles are present
- Works with existing Vantage installations, no additional equipment required
- Non-intrusive sensor system for lower installation and life-cycle cost
- Simple, flexible setup and activation
- Automated bicycle counts
- Handles multiple approaching bicycles
- Field proven detection performance from the industry leader
- Available on all Iteris video detection systems including: Vantage Next, Edge 2, SmartSpan, Vantage Vector, and Versicam
Click logo to read about this award