9.3.1 - Control Work Zone Activity DFDThis DFD shows the processes that make up the Control Work Zone Activity facility within the Manage Work Zones function. These processes manage activity in the work zone by monitoring crew movements and controlling work zone devices located both at the roadside and within the maintenance and construction vehicle.
The key points about the facility are:
- Work zone devices, such as dynamic message signs, CCTVs, barriers, or intrusion alert devices located at the roadside or on maintenance and construction vehicles are controlled;
- Crew movements are monitored and alerts issued if a crew member approaches the work zone boundary.
There are four processes in this DFD:
a) Operate Work Zone Devices (184.108.40.206)
b) Operate WZ Devices On-Board (220.127.116.11)
c) Monitor Crew Movement (18.104.22.168)
d) Monitor Crew Movement On-Board (22.214.171.124)
The processes (a) and (b) provide the facilities for handling the control of work zone devices from a center and from on-board a maintenance and construction vehicle, respectively. Therefore, one or both of the options may be implemented. Processes (c) and (d) are similar in that crew movements may be monitored from the roadside (as in process c) and/or from a maintenance and construction vehicle (as in process d). Again, one or both of the options may be implemented.
DFD: 9.3.1 - Control Work Zone Activity
Parent DFD: 9.3 - Manage Work Zones
PSpecs in this DFD:
- 126.96.36.199 - Operate Work Zone Devices
- 188.8.131.52 - Operate WZ Devices On-Board
- 184.108.40.206 - Monitor Crew Movement
- 220.127.116.11 - Monitor Crew Movement On-Board