6.8.3 - Provide Traveler Services at Personal Devices DFDThe processes in this DFD provide the Provide Traveler Services at Personal Devices facility within the Provide Traveler Personal Services function. These processes enable the traveler to obtain traffic and transit information and to plan trips from a personal device.
The key points about the facility are as follows:
- Travelers can plan trips and obtain traffic, transit, events, and yellow pages services information;
- Trips may be multimodal, including such things as demand responsive transit and ridesharing;
- Planned trips may be confirmed and paid for in advance as may yellow pages services;
- Travelers may also obtain traffic and transit information without planning any trips or making reservations;
- Provides “kiosk” type facilities for travelers using their own personal devices.
There are four processes in this DFD:
a) Get Traveler Personal Request (126.96.36.199)
b) Provide Traveler with Personal Traveler Information (188.8.131.52)
c) Provide Traveler Personal Interface (184.108.40.206)
d) Update Traveler Personal Display Map Data (220.127.116.11)
The traveler provides trip planning, trip confirmation, plus traffic and transit information requests through process (c). These are sent to process (a), which distributes the trip planning and confirmation requests to the appropriate processes in the Provide Trip Planning Services facility - see DFD 6.1. Requests for traffic and transit information are sent for implementation by process (b) which also receives the results from the trip planning requests made by process (a). All data received by process (b) is sent to process (c) for output to the traveler. Travelers can request as many trip plans as are needed before an acceptable match is found to their trip requirements. Data used for previous inputs and regularly used data is kept in the store of traveler regular data by process (c). The outputs produced by process (c) may be shown against a background of digitized map data produced by process (d). This process will also update the store of map data on request from the traveler through process (c), and successful completion of payment through the Collect Advanced Payments facility - see DFD 7.4.1.
These processes form a tightly coupled group and communicate with many other ITS functions. They can only be implemented as a group, except that process (d) may be omitted if digitized map data is not to be used as the background for data output.
DFD: 6.8.3 - Provide Traveler Services at Personal Devices
Parent DFD: 6.8 - Provide Traveler Personal Services
PSpecs in this DFD:
- 18.104.22.168 - Get Traveler Personal Request
- 22.214.171.124 - Provide Traveler with Personal Travel Information
- 126.96.36.199 - Provide Traveler Personal Interface
- 188.8.131.52 - Update Traveler Personal Display Map Data