2.5 - Administer Commercial Vehicles DFDThe processes in this DFD are responsible for the Administer Commercial Vehicles facility within the Manage Commercial Vehicles function. These processes enable commercial vehicle pre-clearance to be managed and data from roadside check station facilities to be analyzed. These processes provide the electronic credential and tax filing functions that interface to the commercial vehicle manager and commercial vehicle driver acting as a fleet manager.
The key points about the facility are as follows:
- Provides a central facility for the processing of electronic credential and tax filing;
- Pre-clearance obtained for the selected route through roadside check facilities, including international borders;
- Roadside check station facility logs analyzed daily for safety problems and storage;
- Transportation and declaration information analyzed for border clearance assessments;
- Stored roadside facility logs available for output to the commercial vehicle manager;
- Collect and manage border clearance data used by the check station.
There are nine processes in this DFD, and one is itself a DFD:
a) Manage Commercial Vehicle Trips and Clearances (2.5.1).
b) Obtain Electronic Credential and Tax Filing Payment (2.5.2).
c) Manage Border Clearances (DFD 2.5.3).
d) Communicate with Other Commercial Vehicle Administration System (2.5.4).
e) Manage Commercial Vehicle Credentials and Enrollment (2.5.5).
f) Output Commercial Vehicle Enrollment Data to Roadside Facilities (2.5.6).
g) Process Commercial Vehicle Violations (2.5.7).
h) Process Data Received from Roadside Facilities (2.5.8).
i) Manage Commercial Vehicle Archive Data (2.5.9).
DFD: 2.5 - Administer Commercial Vehicles
Parent DFD: 2 - Manage Commercial Vehicles
PSpecs in this DFD:
- 2.5.1 - Manage Commercial Vehicle Trips and Clearances
- 2.5.2 - Obtain Electronic Credential and Tax Filing Payment
- 2.5.4 - Communicate with Other Commercial Vehicle Administration System
- 2.5.5 - Manage Commercial Vehicle and Driver Credentials and Enrollment
- 2.5.6 - Output Commercial Vehicle Enrollment Data to Roadside Facilities
- 2.5.7 - Process Commercial Vehicle Violations
- 2.5.8 - Process Data Received from Roadside Facilities
- 2.5.9 - Manage Commercial Vehicle Archive Data