2.1.1 - Manage Commercial Vehicle Fleet DFDThe processes in this DFD make up the Manage Commercial Vehicle Fleet facility within the manage Commercial Vehicles function. These processes enable commercial vehicle fleet managers to plan commercial vehicle routes taking into account the needs of this type of vehicle, as well as the electronic credential and tax filing needed to use the route. They provide additional capabilities to normal fleet management functions to enhance commercial vehicle security.
The key points about the facility are as follows:
- Managers may plan trips using either static route selection, or request a dynamic route selection;
- Static route selection is based on surface street and freeway network geometry;
- Dynamic route selection based on current and future traffic conditions;
- Managers do credential and tax filing to pre-clear vehicles at roadside check station facilities;
- Commercial vehicle routes are monitored to detect potential route deviations;
- Commercial vehicle drivers and freight equipment identities are monitored to detect potential assignment mismatches.
There are seven processes in this DFD:
a) Manage Commercial Fleet Electronic Credentials and Tax Filing (18.104.22.168).
b) Manage Commercial Vehicle Routes (22.214.171.124).
c) Provide Commercial Fleet Static Route (126.96.36.199).
d) Provide HAZMAT Incident Support (188.8.131.52).
e) Manage Commercial Vehicle Fleet Map Data (184.108.40.206).
f) Monitor Commercial Vehicle Route (220.127.116.11).
g) Monitor Assignment Identities (18.104.22.168).
DFD: 2.1.1 - Manage Commercial Vehicle Fleet
Parent DFD: 2.1 - Manage Commercial Vehicle Fleet Operations
PSpecs in this DFD:
- 22.214.171.124 - Manage Commercial Fleet Electronic Credentials and Tax Filing
- 126.96.36.199 - Manage Commercial Vehicle Routes
- 188.8.131.52 - Provide Commercial Fleet Static Route
- 184.108.40.206 - Provide HAZMAT Incident Support
- 220.127.116.11 - Manage Commercial Vehicle Fleet Map Data
- 18.104.22.168 - Monitor Commercial Vehicle Route
- 22.214.171.124 - Monitor Assignment Identities