1.6.1 - Manage HRI Traffic Volume DFDThis DFD shows the processes that are responsible for managing traffic volume at an HRI and in the immediate vicinity.
The key points about the facility are as follows:
- Monitors local sensor data obtained from traffic surveillance;
- Detects hazardous conditions or potential hazards at an HRI;
- Detects real-time HRI blockages or collisions;
- Provides advanced warnings where warranted.
There are seven processes in this DFD and four are DFDs themselves:
a) Detect Roadway Events (188.8.131.52)
b) Activate HRI Device Controls (DFD 184.108.40.206)
c) Perform Equipment Self-Test (220.127.116.11)
d) Provide Advisories and Alerts (DFD 18.104.22.168)
e) Detect HRI Hazards (22.214.171.124)
f) Provide Advance Warnings (DFD 126.96.36.199)
g) Execute Local Control Strategy (DFD 188.8.131.52)
The collected data is by process (a). Process (a) is responsible for detecting any roadway events and then determining and reporting the current state of traffic. Processes (a), (e), and (f) depend on processes in (d) and (g). Processes in (d) are responsible for providing advisories and alerts as well as the conditions at the HRI. The processes in (g) are responsible for managing and executing control strategies at the HRI.
DFD: 1.6.1 - Manage HRI Traffic Volume
Parent DFD: 1.6 - Manage Highway Rail Intersections
- 184.108.40.206 - Activate HRI Device Controls
- 220.127.116.11 - Provide Advisories and Alerts
- 18.104.22.168 - Provide Advance Warnings
- 22.214.171.124 - Execute Local Control Strategy
PSpecs in this DFD: