1.1.1 - Process Sensor Data DFDThis DFD shows the processes that make up the Process Sensor Data facility within the Manage Traffic function. These processes analyze, collect, store, and distribute sensor data to other facilities.
The key points about the facility are as follows:
- Processed sensor data to other processes within the Manage Traffic function;
- Sensors are monitored to detect and report any sensor faults;
- Collected sensor data is stored within a sensor data store.
There are seven processes in this DFD:
a) Process Traffic Sensor Data (22.214.171.124)
b) Collect Infrastructure Sensor Data (126.96.36.199)
c) Process Environmental Sensor Data (188.8.131.52)
d) Manage Data Collection and Monitoring (184.108.40.206)
e) Provide Sensor Interface to Other Roadway Devices (220.127.116.11)
f) Collect Vehicle Roadside Safety Data (18.104.22.168)
g) Process Road User Protection (22.214.171.124)
The collected data is received by process (a). The actual sensor data from the roadside is received by processes (a), (b), and (c). Data from the sensors are collected and sent to the Manage Archive function in process (d). Status and control of sensors between roadside devices is distributed by process (e). Process (f) collects safety data directly from passing vehicles. The Maintenance and Construction facility and Maintenance and Construction Vehicle obtain infrastructure conditions from process (b). All sensor status and faults from process (a) and (c)-(f) are sent to the Manage Maintenance and Construction facility to correct the fault. Infrastructure sensor data in process (b) is sent directly to DFD 9.2.3 in the Manage Maintenance facility. These processes distribute the sensor data to other facilities in the Manage Traffic function.
DFD: 1.1.1 - Process Sensor Data
Parent DFD: 1.1 - Provide Traffic Surveillance
PSpecs in this DFD:
- 126.96.36.199 - Process Traffic Sensor Data
- 188.8.131.52 - Collect Infrastructure Sensor Data
- 184.108.40.206 - Process Environmental Sensor Data
- 220.127.116.11 - Manage Data Collection and Monitoring
- 18.104.22.168 - Provide Sensor Interface to Other Roadway Devices
- 22.214.171.124 - Collect Vehicle Roadside Safety Data
- 126.96.36.199 - Process Road User Protection