Toll Plaza Toll Collection (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package provides toll plazas the capability to identify properly equipped vehicles, collect electronic tolls, and provide a positive indication to the driver that a toll was collected. Violators are identified and images are collected. Toll transactions are stored and reported to the Payment Administration Subsystem.
- The field element shall read data from passing vehicles to support toll payment transactions.
- The field element shall calculate the toll due based on the vehicle characteristics (vehicle size, weight, axle count, etc.) and stored toll prices.
- The field element shall update the stored value after debiting the toll amount and send a record of the transaction to a center.
- The field element shall read the credit identity from the passing vehicle and send that identity and the amount to be debited to a center.
- The field element shall support advanced toll payment by checking the vehicle's toll information against a stored list of advanced payments, and debiting the toll from the list in the case of a match.
- In the case of closed toll systems, the field element shall update the vehicle on-board data with the system entry point, and upon toll system exit, use the stored data in the calculation of the toll.
- The field element shall control roadside displays indicating success or failure of the toll transaction to the driver.
- The field element shall control cameras, obtain images, and forward images of toll violators to a center.
- The field element shall respond to changes in tolls from the Toll Operator.
- The field element shall forward wide-area alert information to the Toll Operator.