TMC Signal Control (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package provides the capability for traffic managers to monitor and manage the traffic flow at signalized intersections. This capability includes analyzing and reducing the collected data from traffic surveillance equipment and developing and implementing control plans for signalized intersections. Control plans may be developed and implemented that coordinate signals at many intersections under the domain of a single traffic management subsystem and are responsive to traffic conditions and adapt to support incidents, preemption and priority requests, pedestrian crossing calls, etc.
- The center shall remotely control traffic signal controllers.
- The center shall accept notifications of pedestrian calls.
- The center shall collect traffic signal controller operational status and compare against the control information sent by the center.
- The center shall collect traffic signal controller fault data from the field.
- The center shall manage (define, store and modify) control plans to coordinate signalized intersections, to be engaged at the direction of center personnel or according to a daily schedule.
- The center shall implement control plans to coordinate signalized intersections based on data from sensors.
- The center shall manage boundaries of the control sections used within the signal system.
- The center shall maintain traffic signal coordination including synchronizing clocks throughout the system.