CV Safety and Security Administration (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package provides commercial vehicle safety and security criteria to roadside check facilities, collects and reviews safety and security data from the field and distributes safety and security information to other centers, carriers, and enforcement agencies. This equipment package also supports wireless roadside inspections, including carrier enrollment, managing and distributing information about trigger areas where wireless inspections may occur, and monitoring the condition of the commercial vehicle and driver using wireless communications at identified trigger areas. It supports the collection and review of carrier and driver safety and security data and supports determination of the carrier and driver safety and security ratings. It clears the out-of-service status when the responsible carrier or driver reports that deficiencies flagged during inspections have been corrected.
- The center shall provide commercial vehicle safety and security data to roadside check facilities.
- The center shall collect and review safety inspection reports and violations from the roadside check facilities and pass on appropriate portions to other commercial vehicle administrative centers and commercial vehicle fleet operators.
- The center shall notify enforcement agencies of commercial vehicle safety violations by individual commercial vehicles, drivers, or carriers.
- The center shall monitor alerting and advisory systems for security alerts and advisories.
- The center shall provide commercial vehicle accident reports to enforcement agencies.
- The center shall receive citation records from roadside check facilities.
- The center shall manage the citation records and provide the citations to enforcement agencies and the commercial fleet management center.
- The center shall provide the capability for the commercial fleet management center to report required commercial vehicle repairs and other corrections of identified deficiencies.
- The center shall support carrier enrollment in wireless roadside inspection programs.
- The center shall manage and distribute information about trigger areas where wireless inspections will occur.
- The center shall monitor the condition of the commercial vehicle and driver using wireless communications at identified trigger areas.
- 2.5.4-Communicate with Other Commercial Vehicle Administration System
- 2.5.5-Manage Commercial Vehicle and Driver Credentials and Enrollment
- 2.5.6-Output Commercial Vehicle Enrollment Data to Roadside Facilities
- 2.5.7-Process Commercial Vehicle Violations
- 2.5.8-Process Data Received from Roadside Facilities
- 5.4.6-Process CV Violations