Roadside Electronic Screening (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package provides two-way communication with approaching properly equipped commercial vehicles at mainline speeds, reading tags for automated vehicle identification and credential checking. This equipment package processes the data from the commercial vehicles along with accessed database information to determine whether a pull-in message is needed or to generate random pull-in messages with provisions for facility operators and enforcement officials to have manual override capabilities.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall detect the presence of commercial vehicles and freight equipment approaching a facility. Sensors can differentiate between different types of vehicles and determine the number of axles, gross vehicle weight, and the identification of the vehicle and its cargo.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall receive the credential and credentials status information (e.g. snapshots) from the commercial vehicle administration center to maintain an up to date list of which vehicles have been cleared (enrolled) to potentially pass through without stopping.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall receive commercial vehicle violation records and carriers, vehicles, and drivers of interest from appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall provide an interface to inspectors in the field to allow them to monitor and if necessary override the pull-in decisions made by the system.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall request and input electronic screening data from the commercial vehicle's electronic tag data.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall collect safety data from the commercial vehicle and its freight equipment.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall send a pass/pull-in notification to the commercial vehicle and its driver based on the information received from the vehicle, the administration center, enforcement agencies, and the inspector. The message may be sent to the on-board equipment in the commercial vehicle or transmitted to the driver using equipment such as dynamic message signs, red-green lights, flashing signs, etc.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall verify that pull-in requests are heeded by drivers, notifying the facility operator if a vehicle fails to pull in as requested.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall monitor alerting and advisory systems for security alerts and advisories.
- The roadside check facility equipment shall send a record of daily activities at the facility including summaries of screening events and inspections to the commercial vehicle administration center.
- 2.3.1-Produce Commercial Vehicle Driver Message at Roadside
- 18.104.22.168-Administer Commercial Vehicle Roadside Credentials Database
- 22.214.171.124-Process Screening Transactions
- 126.96.36.199-Provide Commercial Vehicle Checkstation Communications
- 188.8.131.52-Administer Commercial Vehicle Roadside Safety Database
- 2.3.4-Detect and Classify Commercial Vehicles and Freight Equipment
- 2.3.5-Provide Commercial Vehicle Roadside Operator Interface
- 2.3.6-Provide Commercial Vehicle Reports