Personal Autonomous Route Guidance (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package provides multi-modal route planning and transition by transition route guidance. It provides autonomous route guidance in the absence of real-time information or factors information provided by the infrastructure into its route selection and guidance algorithms if available. The equipment package also includes those truly autonomous systems that are not configured to receive or process any external data. The route guidance capabilities of this equipment package are hosted on personal devices including personal computers and personal portable devices such as PDAs and pagers.
- The personal traveler interface shall provide the capability for a traveler to obtain route guidance from a specified source to a destination.
- The personal traveler interface shall calculate the requested route using data obtained from a navigable map database stored in the device.
- The personal traveler interface shall provide multi-modal guidance for the shortest route, within the preferences and constraints specified by the traveler.
- The personal traveler interface shall present information to the traveler in audible or visual forms consistent with a personal device, and suitable for travelers with hearing and vision physical disabilities.
- The personal traveler interface shall support an interface with a map update provider, or other appropriate data sources, through which updates of digitized map data can be obtained and used for route guidance.