On-board EV En Route Support (Equipment Packages*)This on-board equipment package supports dispatch, routing, and tracking of an emergency vehicle. Dispatch and routing information are received and presented to the driver and vehicle location and status are tracked and provided back to the dispatcher. This equipment package supports traffic signal preemption via short range communication directly with signal control equipment and sends alert messages to surrounding vehicles. It also supports communications with care facilities, sharing patient status and care facility status between the en route emergency vehicle and the care facility.
- The emergency vehicle, including roadway service patrols, shall track its current location.
- The emergency vehicle, including roadway service patrols, shall send the vehicle's location and operational data to the center for emergency management and dispatch.
- The emergency vehicle, including roadway service patrols, shall receive incident details and a suggested route when dispatched to a scene.
- The emergency vehicle shall send the current en route status (including estimated time of arrival) and requests for emergency dispatch updates.
- The emergency vehicle shall send requests to traffic signal control equipment at the roadside to preempt the signal.
- The emergency vehicle shall provide the personnel on-board with dispatch information, including incident type and location, and forward an acknowledgment from personnel to the center that the vehicle is on its way to the incident scene.
- The emergency vehicle shall send patient status information to the care facility along with a request for further information.
- The emergency vehicle shall forward care facility status information to emergency vehicle personnel, including the location, specialized services, quality of care, waiting time, number of rooms available, and emergency room status of hospitals or emergency care providers.
- The emergency vehicle shall send the vehicle’s location, speed and direction to other vehicles in the area.