On-board CV Safety and Security (Equipment Packages*)This on-board equipment package collects and processes vehicle and driver safety and security information and provides safety and security information to the Fleet and Freight Management Subsystem. This equipment package also supplies this information to the roadside facilities both at mainline speeds and while stopped for inspections. Safety information may also be provided at predetermined trigger areas using wireless communications. The capability to alert the commercial vehicle driver whenever there is a critical safety or security problem or potential emergency is also provided. The package also supports on-board driver safety log maintenance and checking.
- The commercial vehicle shall receive pass/pull-in messages from the roadside check facilities and present them to the driver in either audible or visual forms.
- The commercial vehicle shall respond to requests to provide on-board safety inspection data to roadside check facilities including vehicle identification, driver logs, and characteristics data for initiating safety and security checking. Results of the inspection are read back into the on-board equipment.
- The commercial vehicle shall monitor on-board systems pertaining to the safety and security of the vehicle, its driver, and its cargo/freight equipment; and provide the information to the driver, roadside check facilities, and commercial fleet management centers.
- The commercial vehicle shall provide interface with the driver to be presented with and respond to alerts, either visual or audible, concerning the safety and security of the vehicle and its cargo. Alerts and messages specific to commercial vehicles include trucks not advised on a route, trucks over 10 tons not allowed on bridge, route details, detected route deviations and warning indications detected by on-board sensors (e.g., safety) and freight equipment sensors (e.g., breach, cargo).
- The commercial vehicle shall provide information concerning a breach or tamper event on a commercial vehicle or its attached freight equipment to roadside check facilities and to the commercial fleet management center, the information includes identity, type of breach, location, and time.
- The commercial vehicle shall provide expected driver identity characteristics (e.g., PIN codes and biometric data) to roadside check facilities to support safety and security checking.
- The commercial vehicle shall provide information about previous attempts to disable the commercial vehicle to roadside check facilities.
- The commercial vehicle shall provide safety information at predetermined trigger areas using wireless communications.
- 2.3.7-Produce Commercial Vehicle Driver Message on Vehicle
- 2.4.1-Communicate Commercial Vehicle On-board Data to Roadside
- 2.4.2-Collect On-board Commercial Vehicle Sensor Data
- 2.4.3-Analyze Commercial Vehicle On-board Data
- 2.4.4-Provide Commercial Vehicle Driver Interface
- 2.4.5-Communicate Commercial Vehicle On-board Data to Vehicle Manager
- 2.4.6-Provide Commercial Vehicle On-board Data Store Interface
- 2.4.7-Manage CV On-board Data
- 2.6.2-Transmit Commercial Vehicle Tag Data