On-board CV Electronic Data (Equipment Packages*)This on-board equipment package exchanges information with roadside facilities, providing information such as driver, vehicle, and carrier identification to roadside facilities that can be used to support electronic screening. Pass/pull-in messages are received and presented to the commercial vehicle driver and screening events are recorded. Additional information, including trip records (e.g., border clearance information), safety inspection records, cargo information, and driver status information may also be collected, stored, and made available to the roadside facility by this equipment package.
- The commercial vehicle shall receive pass/pull-in messages from the roadside check facilities and present them to the driver in either audible or visual forms.
- The commercial vehicle shall respond to requests to provide data accumulated on-board the vehicle to roadside check facilities for inspection including driver logs, electronic identifiers, credentials, border clearance data, and other screening data such as cargo status, hazmat identifiers, out of service status, vehicle axle weight, vehicle weight, and time.
- The commercial vehicle shall respond to requests to provide the identity, status and other information from the electronic cargo lock tag, if so equipped, to roadside check facilities, including border crossings.
- The commercial vehicle shall support an interface to a commercial vehicle driver that is also acting in the role of a commercial vehicle fleet manager to set up routes, pay necessary taxes, obtain proper credentials, and write the identifiers to the electronic tag for the driver, vehicle, and carrier.
- 2.2.3-Provide CV Driver Electronic Credential and Tax Filing Interface
- 2.3.7-Produce Commercial Vehicle Driver Message on Vehicle
- 2.4.1-Communicate Commercial Vehicle On-board Data to Roadside
- 2.4.6-Provide Commercial Vehicle On-board Data Store Interface
- 2.6.2-Transmit Commercial Vehicle Tag Data
- 2.6.3-Provide Commercial Driver Tag Data Interface
- 2.6.4-Provide Lock Tag Data Interface
- 2.6.5-Manage Commercial Vehicle Tag Data Store