TMC Roadway Warning (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package remotely monitors and controls the systems used to warn drivers approaching hazards on a roadway. It monitors data on roadway conditions from sensors in the field and generates warnings in response to roadway weather conditions, road surface conditions, traffic conditions including queues, obstacles or animals in the roadway, and any other transient events that can be sensed.
- The center shall monitor data on traffic, environmental conditions, and other hazards collected from sensors along the roadway.
- The center shall identify hazardous road weather and surface conditions.
- The center shall identify hazardous traffic conditions including queues.
- The center shall identify debris, animals, or other encroachment on the roadway dangerous to approaching motorists.
- The center shall issue control commands to field equipment warning drivers approaching the identified hazardous conditions.
- The center shall monitor the operational status of the dynamic warning equipment, including fault reports.