TMC Multimodal Crossing Management (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package remotely monitors and manages multimodal crossings, including draw bridges and other crossings between highway traffic and other modes. Equipment controlled includes warning lights, gates, dynamic message signs, and other systems that provide driver information and control traffic at multimodal crossings. Railroad grade crossings are covered by the HRI Traffic Management equipment package.
- The center shall receive requests from non-highway traffic to cross at multimodal crossings for specified durations (such as draw bridges and miscellaneous other interference crossings between highway traffic and other modes such as river traffic, aircraft, etc.)
- The center shall remotely control traffic signal controllers for use at major multimodal crossings.
- The center shall remotely control driver information systems (such as dynamic messages signs, highway advisory radios (HAR), and equipment that controls warning lights and gates) to notify drivers of closure durations and times at multimodal crossings.
- The center shall collect operational status for the equipment at multimodal crossings.
- The center shall collect fault data for the equipment at multimodal crossings for repair.
- The center shall receive and respond to requests for right-of-way at multimodal crossings.
- The center shall collect and analyze the planned multimodal crossing closures as a possible incident.
- The center shall distribute multimodal crossing information to other centers for dissemination to travelers.