TMC Work Zone Traffic Management (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package coordinates work plans with maintenance systems so that work zones are established that have minimum traffic impact. Traffic control strategies are implemented to further mitigate traffic impacts associated with work zones that are established, providing work zone information on driver information systems such as dynamic message signs.
- The center shall receive work zone images from a maintenance center.
- The center shall analyze work zone images for indications of a possible incident.
- The center shall remotely control driver information systems (such as dynamic messages signs, highway advisory radios) to advise drivers of activity around a work zone.
- The center shall collect operational status for the driver information systems equipment in work zones.
- The center shall collect fault data for the driver information systems equipment in work zones for repair.
- The center shall receive proposed maintenance and construction work plans, analyze the activity as a possible incident, and provide work plan feedback to the sending center.