MCM Environmental Information Processing (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package processes current and forecast weather data, road condition information, local environmental data, and uses internal models to develop specialized detailed forecasts of local weather and surface conditions. The processed environmental information products are presented to center personnel and disseminated to other centers.
- The center shall respond to control data from center personnel regarding environmental sensor control and weather data collection and processing.
- The center shall assimilate current and forecast road conditions and surface weather information using a combination of weather service provider information (such as the National Weather Service and value-added sector specific meteorological services) and local environmental sensor data.
- The center shall use the various data inputs of environmental sensors and road weather data to develop a view of current and predicted road weather and road conditions.
- The center shall disseminate current and forecasted road weather and road condition information to weather service providers (such as the National Weather Service and value-added sector specific meteorological services) as well as other agencies including traffic, emergency, and transit management, traveler information providers, rail operations centers, media, and other maintenance management centers.
- The center shall provide value-added sector specific meteorological services with information on basic road facility and treatment information that supports forecasts for road conditions.