Vehicle Location Determination (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package receives current location of the vehicle from the Location Data Source terminator and provides this information to other equipment packages that use the location information to provide various ITS services.
- ATIS03-Autonomous Route Guidance
- ATIS04-Dynamic Route Guidance
- ATIS05-ISP Based Trip Planning and Route Guidance
- ATMS02-Traffic Probe Surveillance
- AVSS03-Longitudinal Safety Warning
- AVSS05-Intersection Safety Warning
- AVSS08-Advanced Vehicle Longitudinal Control
- AVSS10-Intersection Collision Avoidance
- EM03-Mayday and Alarms Support
- The vehicle shall provide the vehicle's current location to other in-vehicle functions.
- The vehicle shall calculate the location from one or more data sources including positioning systems such as GPS, sensors that track vehicle movement, and maps used to determine the likely vehicle route.
|Location Data Source||position fix||Vehicle|
|Map Update Provider||map updates||Vehicle|
|Vehicle||map update request||Map Update Provider|