Parking Coordination (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package supports communication and coordination between equipped parking facilities and also supports regional coordination between parking facilities and traffic and transit management systems. This equipment package also shares information with transit management systems and information service providers to support multimodal travel planning, including parking reservations capabilities. Information including current parking availability, system status, and operating strategies are shared through this equipment package to enable local parking facility management that supports regional transportation strategies.
- The parking element shall exchange parking management data with other parking facilities including location, hours, availability, status, lot usage, operating strategies, and charging information.
- The parking element shall provide parking management data to traffic management centers upon request as part of the implementation of demand management programs in the region. This could include changes to hours of operation or pricing.
- The parking element shall distribute parking lot information to traffic management centers upon request to support integrated regional traffic control and parking management. This could include information on facility hours of operation and current parking availability.
- The parking element shall distribute parking lot information upon request to transit management centers for park and ride facilities, parking shuttle services, and other applications that integrate transit and parking services.
- The parking element shall distribute parking lot information upon request to traveler information providers to support travel planning.
- The parking element shall support requests for parking reservations.