Vehicle Toll/Parking Interface (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package includes the on-board systems that pay for tolls and parking electronically. It includes in-vehicle equipment that communicates with the toll/parking plaza (e.g., a tag) and an optional interface to a traveler card to allow use of a common payment medium for all transportation services.
- The vehicle shall respond to requests from toll collection equipment for credit identity, stored value card cash, etc.
- The vehicle shall respond to request from parking field equipment for credit identity, stored value card cash, etc.
- The vehicle shall provide an interface to the driver to make requests for advance payments of tolls, parking, and transit fares and present the status of electronic payment transactions.
- The vehicle shall provide an interface with the traveler card / payment instrument carried on-board the vehicle - to exchange identity information and payment transactions.
- The vehicle shall present information to the driver in audible or visual forms without impairing the driver's ability to control the vehicle in a safe manner.