Vehicle Autonomous Route Guidance (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package provides route planning and turn by turn route guidance to a driver using an on-board digital map. The equipment package includes autonomous systems that are not configured to receive or process real-time information. In advanced implementations, this equipment package receives real-time traffic and road conditions information from the infrastructure and factors this real-time information into its route selection and guidance algorithms.
- The vehicle shall provide the capability for a driver to obtain route guidance from a specified source to a destination.
- The vehicle shall calculate the requested route using data obtained from a navigable map database stored on-board.
- The vehicle shall provide guidance for the shortest route, within the preferences and constraints specified by the driver.
- The vehicle shall present information to the driver in audible or visual forms without impairing the driver's ability to control the vehicle in a safe manner.
- The vehicle shall support an interface with a map update provider, or other appropriate data sources, through which updates of digitized map data can be obtained and used for route guidance.
- The vehicle shall receive inputs of broadcast traffic conditions from a traveler information center to enhance route guidance calculations.
|Information Service Provider||broadcast traveler information||Vehicle|
|Map Update Provider||map updates||Vehicle|
|Vehicle||map update request||Map Update Provider|