Transit Center Security (Equipment Packages*)This equipment package monitors transit vehicle operator or traveler activated alarms received from on-board a transit vehicle. It supports transit vehicle operator authentication and provides the capability to remotely disable a transit vehicle. This equipment package also includes the capability to alert operators and police to potential incidents identified by these security features.
- The center shall monitor transit vehicle operational data to determine if the transit vehicle is off-route and assess whether a security incident is occurring.
- The center shall receive reports of emergencies on-board transit vehicles entered directly be the transit vehicle operator or from a traveler through interfaces such as panic buttons or alarm switches.
- The center shall support the back-office portion of functionality to authenticate transit vehicle operators.
- The center shall exchange transit incident information along with other service data with other transit agencies.
- The center shall receive information pertaining to a wide-area alert such as weather alerts, disaster situations, or child abductions. This information may come from Emergency Management or from other Alerting and Advisory Systems.
- The center shall send wide-area alert information to travelers (on-board transit vehicles or at stations/stops) and transit vehicle operators.
- The center shall coordinate the response to security incidents involving transit with other agencies including Emergency Management, other transit agencies, media, traffic management, and traveler information service providers.
- The center shall receive threat information and status on the integrity of the transit infrastructure.
- The center shall provide support to remotely disable (or reset the disabling of) a transit vehicle in service.
- 4.1.6-Manage Transit Vehicle Operations
- 188.8.131.52-Provide Interface for Other Transit Management Data
- 4.4.1-Provide Transit Security and Emergency Management
- 4.4.2-Coordinate Multiple Agency Responses to Transit Incidents
- 4.4.3-Generate Responses for Transit Incidents
- 4.4.4-Provide Transit Operations Personnel Security Interface